SportsDirect Inc. is currently looking for Content Editors to ensure the website is up-to-date leading into the evening hours. The opportunity requires candidates who are willing to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Finding news items that work best for the website
- Writing and rewriting different news stories
- Updating any material already on site
- Keeping an eye on any breaking news
- Corresponding with day shift about any developing stories
- Working with minimal supervision
- Applicants must be a passionate sports fan who has an unrelenting thirst for information
- Minimum of one year writing experience is required
- Must be a strong writer with a good understanding of what qualifies as newsworthy
- Knowledge of the odds, point spreads and sports betting is essential
- Familiarity with a large variety of sports websites and ability to quickly navigate the Internet’ is important
- Must be comfortable using computers and search engines
Innovating since 1995, SportsDirect Inc. is a market leader in providing comprehensive sports content and services to small, medium and large companies including USA Today, Newsday, Atlantic Lottery, AOL and Rogers SportsNet.
SportsDirect employs a dynamic group of 150+ employees in Halifax with offices in New York and Chicago. Our products include real-time scores and statistics, fantasy sport contests, news feeds, photos and professional services including application development and marketing optimization.
At SportsDirect, you will find motivating challenges, a unique culture, and energetic 'sports crazed' employees willing to share their knowledge within a dynamic team environment.
This position offers a competitive salary, a complete benefits package including health and dental care, contributory group pension plan, training & development opportunities, and more! Most of all you will get an environment where you can really make a difference, where your ideas will be listened to, challenged and supported.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, You may also fax us at 902-835-3622.
While we appreciate everyone’s interest, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.